Thursday 16 February 2012

Dressaging it!

I took jack to his first show of the year on Sunday,  having not done any schooling for ages I was just going along for some fun!

so on Saturday in preparation,  Helen and I attacked him with some clippers (although my lines are a bit wonky!) and then I bathed him.  It took 4 attempts on Saturday and one more go on Sunday morning to get his tail clean! The joys of owning a grey horse....

Anyway, recently I came across a lovely tweed riding jacket with orange collar and bought it :D :D  (my hubby did roll his eyes!) so it was showcased on Sunday at the dressage.  To go along with the matchy matchy trend I also bought an orange bling browband for Jack to wear! 

On Sunday we travelled the long (4 mile) journey to West Linton and did the Prelim 4 and Prelim 10 classes.  Although jack was a little stiff on the left rein (that needs LOADS of schooling to fix) we came 3rd in the restricted P4 and were last in the open P10.  He found the lovely cameralady a little scary so spooked every time we went past!

Anyway coming home with a frilly at our first dressage test of the year isn't bad - especially when dressage is not my strong point!


Blingy browband!


About to spook at the judge!




1 comment:

  1. He looks lovely! I feel your pain, my mare feels the need to spook at the judge from time to time too. That table they sit at is pretty scary! lol

    ReplyDelete