Following the sad loss of Charlie, I have spent the summer sorting out insurance claims and saving up for another horse. Unfortunately I can’t save up masses of pennies but it was enough for me to have a looksy around to see if there was anything that caught my eye.
I have decided that I’d like to take on an unbroken 3yo, and to aim for 4yo (most likely 5yo) young event horse or BE qualifiers.
Anyway, I found Larry, he was bought as a 6mo foal from the breeder in Ireland and his last owner has been showing him in-hand as a 2yo and 3yo.
He is ISH, 3/4TB and 1/4 ID, his mum is a premium graded ISH broodmare and his dad Golden Lariat (TB). He sailed the vetting and was loaded up on horse transporter yesterday morning and spent last night in Penrith before heading up to me. He arrived at 5pm tonight, went into the field, had a mooch about and came back for his dinner/rugging up and seems quite happy (although he may also be tired!)
I think he will be a nice project. I’d like to back him before winter but the weather is just on the turn here and is pretty miserable, I’d prefer to do a concentrated effort then turn him away so there is a chance I may put him on livery for a couple of weeks so I can ride him daily.
Anyway if not, he can have the winter here chilling out, before I back him next spring.
So pics of Larry the lamb:
Loading in the transporter:
I like trucking, I like trucking, I like trucking....
Meeting my hubby!