Thursday 20 September 2012

Please give a warm welcome to.......

Larry

Following the sad loss of Charlie, I have spent the summer sorting out insurance claims and saving up for another horse. Unfortunately I can’t save up masses of pennies but it was enough for me to have a looksy around to see if there was anything that caught my eye.

I have decided that I’d like to take on an unbroken 3yo, and to aim for 4yo (most likely 5yo) young event horse or BE qualifiers.

Anyway, I found Larry, he was bought as a 6mo foal from the breeder in Ireland and his last owner has been showing him in-hand as a 2yo and 3yo.

He is ISH, 3/4TB and 1/4 ID, his mum is a premium graded ISH broodmare and his dad Golden Lariat (TB). He sailed the vetting and was loaded up on horse transporter yesterday morning and spent last night in Penrith before heading up to me. He arrived at 5pm tonight, went into the field, had a mooch about and came back for his dinner/rugging up and seems quite happy (although he may also be tired!)

I think he will be a nice project. I’d like to back him before winter but the weather is just on the turn here and is pretty miserable, I’d prefer to do a concentrated effort then turn him away so there is a chance I may put him on livery for a couple of weeks so I can ride him daily.

Anyway if not, he can have the winter here chilling out, before I back him next spring.

So pics of Larry the lamb:

Loading in the transporter:


I like trucking, I like trucking, I like trucking....


Pretty Boy!


Meeting my hubby!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see Larry safely arrived in Scotland. Look after each other and have fun together. I miss him so much but know he needs to go and do a job and wouldn't be up to it. See you at Badminton!!! Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was very chilled this morning when I went to feed him, cantered up to say hi, had a munch and a scratch.

    Settled already :)

    Will keep you posted with his progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he's lovely! Can't wait to see more pics and hear how he comes along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, hopefully he will be backed before the winter. Although the weather is dreadful here :)

      Delete