Monday 27 August 2012

Cumwhinton...... pants. BS....Fun!

Well, as I had travelled down to Cumwhinton I thought I'd do a report.......






.......It was cancelled!



So on Friday night, I had booked stabling close to the venue so following a 5pm on-the-dot finish, I shot home and loaded up.

I was pretty organised so had loaded the lorry in the morning, except for saddles, and it didn't take long to grab the horse, dog and remaining tack so was on the road south by 6pm

Once arrived I settled him into his stable, and headed off to the pub for tea. My Mum came up from Cumbria to stay the night and a friend was also stabling so we all went for a drink/bite to eat. It was really nice catching up but only after a couple of drinks were we tucked up in bed

I had a leisurely morning as dressage wasn't until 12.36 but my friend was on at 8.30. Got up, fed J and bathed him, it had started to chuck it down around 3am and didn't stop so I had planned to bath/plait then head over to the showfield early to check out the ground. Anyway half way through plaiting, another friend called (pro 'tog) to say they were an hour behind but there were riders warming up - apparently the paramedics hadn't arrived
So decided I could have an even leisurely wander round the xc now. finished plaiting, left J in the stable and went to the truck for a cuppa. Cue another phone call from my friend who had been warming her horse up - was now soaked and was now untacking as it had been abandoned

Ah well... had the cuppa anyway, then took the dog (chief coursewalker) and Mum over to the showfield.

The lorry park was trashed they had been towing lorries on and it was already very boggy. Felt v v sorry for the organisers.

Walked the xc, apart from the surface water, the ground underneath was absolutely perfect. But due to the water they couldn't run it.

SJ ground looked brill





XC showing surface water




So after a wander, and a cuppa I headed home. Poor Jack had a 5 hour round trip for a night in the stable!

Once home I turned him out - he decided to show me that I wasted my time in bathing him - brought him in after an hour:






Anyway yesterday I decided that I may as well make use of the weekend and headed over to Rowallan for the day. They had BS on and as we are registered I thought it would be useful.

It was in their outdoor which I have never jumped in, arrived just in time to do the 90cm amateur qual and the 1m amateur qual. They were both single phase and Jack jumped the 90cms double clear to come 6th. Was really pleased with him as he popped round for fun. He was calling alot when we set off, I even opened the door into the horse end so I could speak to him - think he was fed up with travelling tbh. Anyway he was perfectly happy on the way home so I guess he just wanted to get out and do something!

Went into the 1m, again a single phase and what a brill round. Unfortunately I was distracted going in as a rider was bucked off in the collecting ring and I helped them catch their horse. I should have popped another fence but went in anyway so stupidly we had the first fence down
the rest of the round was just lovely though. He jumped out of his skin Finished 5th








No comments:

Post a Comment