Wednesday 30 January 2013

Arena event at Oatridge report

Hi All

I entered the arena event at Snec last weekend. It was a long time ago when I last competed at one so can't really remember it. Most winters I have been struggling to keep my horse in work but this year he has had a bit more on

Entered two classes - pre novice and novice. In hindsight I should have just gone for the Novice as the PN class wasn't up to height. Which is unusual as LS usually builds full up. Maybe due to the weather/middle of winter but he built a nice course, it was just around 90cm rather than 1m.

Anyway I wasn't on till 2.30pm so have a leisurely alarm time. I even turned J out for two hours before getting ready!
Bathed, loaded up and headed over to SNEC only to find they were half an hour behind.

Watched several go - there were two courses up - first course a SJ track, with one double, total 8 fences. Once finished you pulled up then waited for the bell. Both rounds were timed (325mpm for SJ and 350mpm XC). Once gone you went on to jump xc course - which I had hoped would be over working hunter jumps but they were all SJ again, except fence 3 was a style, fence 4 a corner (poles) then 3 strides to an upright, onto a triple bar then round the corner to a bounce, then a water tray that you jumped across (with a low pole over the top) and over the last upright to finish.

We had one down in the first class, he was behind the leg and ended up not taking longer strides over a couple but all in all a good round. Felt that it was too small so put him on and walked the course for the Novice - which was more a 1m05 rather than a 1.10m. however I should have just gone home after the first class! I decided to get him ahead of my leg and I think he got a bit worried - that and probably not being fit enough for the two rounds - we ended up having two fences down in each round.

Having watch the video, i rode better in the second class but I think he was tired and I'm disappointed in myself for pushing him. I should have just jumped the Novice but I was a bit worried that it would be mahoosive.

you live and learn.

Anyway pic from the Pre Novice



Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=t9khtH1ZOCg

No comments:

Post a Comment