Tuesday 24 April 2012

Charlie update :)

Hi all,

thought you might like an update on Mr Charlie as he is now officially off quarantine

So on Thursday he was sedated and had a dental - I was a bit worried that he might object to injections (although the vet who vetted him did say he was fine) due to his recent injection/twitch thing. Anyway he stood like a rock! And had very little wrong with his teeth except for a few sharp bits.

he seems very settled in the stable, and has been tucking happily into his hay so all good



I had however bought him a bridle, but it still hadn't arrived yesterday and I got impatient!! I decided to drag out of the trunk and old bridle and see if it fitted - which it did . I tried him with a loose ring jointed happy mouth snaffle although I think he would prefer a myler so will hire one to try now I know his size. My jump saddle also fits him well enough that for now I'll use it until he has muscled up a bit.

Took him out to the arena, tried and failed to lunge him as he just wanted to keep coming back to me so jumped on!

Anyway - vids of his first time in the arena, and his first canter. lots and lots of schooling to do - including getting him to accept contact but I reckon he will get there.

http://youtu.be/Ch-rQtmu59o

http://youtu.be/44o5OqpEZGw

1 comment:

  1. He looks like a nice boy! We have an OTTB that does the head flick thing right now too, he's sloooowly getting more & more used to contact though, that'll get better.
    I have to say, I almost couldn't watch the horse though.... I kept being drawn to the scenery, it's SO beautiful! What a view from your arena!

    ReplyDelete