Saturday 3 March 2012

Me again, Mum is making me work really hard!



Well since my lesson in the arena Mum has been discussing something called interval training.  apparently it is to get me fit and reduce the risk of injury.  I like the sound of no injury but the getting fit bit makes me feel tired!

Mum told me that she has devised a fitness training plan - which she has printed off and stuck on the noticeboard in the barn.

I hope you feel sorry for me after reading it, I'm going to be knackered and I thoroughly expect to have more carrots as a reward if I'm doing that much work.

Mum is aiming to do the following:

Monday - 'Flatwork'
Tuesday - day off - phew!
Wednesday - Jumping - yeehaa!
Thursday - Interval Training
Friday 'Flatwork'
Weekend - hacking or competitions.

She says she might change things around but I wish she would add some more days off - I like being in the field!


Last weekend Mum decided to start the Interval stuff - and Mack had to do it too so at least I had company.

We did 5 minutes walk then section 1 = 5 min trot, 2 min walk repeated 2 times followed by section 2 = 2 min canter, 2 min walk repeated 2 times.  To finish off we walked for 5-10 minutes.

All I can say is that a minute is an AGE!  Seems like forever when I am doing it and Mum is really pushing me - I think she is mean but she has pointed out that the heart rate monitor she is using is telling her I'm coping just fine.  Might have to bite it when I can so she stops using it!

Then, on Thursday I was happily minding my own business in the field when Mum came and made me do it all again!  5 min walk, then 4 min trot, 2 min walk 3 times followed by 2 min canter, 2 min walk twice.  I wouldn't mind if it had been later in the day, but it had only just got light and I normally sleep in the morning.

Today I was told that Mum had a flatwork lesson - MORE WORK!!!! - maybe she should put a saddle on and let me ride her instead.  She said that her legs hurt at the end of the lesson but there was no comment about my legs!  The nice lady gave me some polo mints though so she is welcome to come back.

Getting some lovely Polo Mints

It wasn't all standing around honest - I am knackered!
Until next time

Clip Clop!

Jx


Ps a short video of mum practicing her position! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4TJYMNA98&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment